GOT A QUESTION? WE'VE GOT AN ANSWER!
- I've never been to anything like this, what should I expect and what do I do when I arrive? When you arrive you will go to the Check-In desk so we can confirm your registration and get you set up with apron, paint, brushes, and canvas. Our talented artist will lead you step-by-step through creating your masterpiece.
- What is the price of a studio paint class? Studio sessions average $35 per person, however the price may range from $25 to $50 for canvas paintings depending on the class. Wood Sign paints are priced according to the style/size of the wood sign. Please check our online calendar, each class has the price listed.
- Will you charge my card when I make a reservation? Yes, your card is charged at the time you register, this reserves your seat and places your name on our roster. Please bring ID to show when you check in so we can check you off our roster.
- I have a gift certificate/coupon, how do I indicate that when I am checking out online? When you are registering for a session, enter the CODE on your Gift Certificate or Coupon. The value of your code will be applied to the total due.
- Cancellation Policy: What if I need to change or cancel my reservation? Due to limited seating, we request that you cancel at least 48 hours before your scheduled class. This gives us the opportunity to fill the class. You may cancel by phone or online. The amount that you paid for your cancelled session will be then be available as an "account credit" that you may apply to a future class, but we do not offer refunds. Cancellation made within 48 hours of the scheduled class start time, and/or no-shows, will not be credited or refunded, per our cancellation policy. The owner has the only right to be flexible here.
- Can I book a group of reservations, or does each person have to reserve individually? Yes, one person may book seats for a group; the total amount due for the entire group will be charged on the credit card of the person booking the seats at the time of booking. This will ensure that you will get the total number of seats you require at the time of booking, this is handy if, for example, the number of seats available for a class is close to being sold-out. Collecting payment from individual members of a group who's seats were paid for by one person, is not the responsibility of Meraki Art House, as long as each individual's seat was paid for at the time of booking.
- Alternately, each person/painter can book their own seat in a class, individually. This allows each person in the group to pay their own way.
- What if my friends made separate reservations but we want to sit together? We do not assign seats, you may choose where you would like to sit when you arrive. If you book individually but are meeting a group, we suggest the first person to arrive saves seats for the rest of the group to ensure you get to sit together. If you have a large group, you may want to arrive about 20 minutes prior to class to secure a group of seats together or you may use the "Contact Us" link on the menu to let us know you have a large party attending that would like to sit together. Please indicate the Class #, Date & Time and the names of the people in your group in your message so we know when you plan to attend. We will always do our best to accommodate any requests.
- Do you offer Gift Certificates? Absolutely! Click on Gift Certificates in the menu.
- Is there a minimum age? We are a family friendly, all-age studio during the day, but we suggest 18 years and over during our evening (7pm or later) classes, due to the general nature of a "paint & sip". If you have older teens that you wish to bring, please use your judgement and understand that many people will be enjoying alcohol and adult conversations during the evening classes. It is not appropriate to bring young children to our evening classes.
18+ Sessions: (session when alcohol may be served) are for ages 21 years and up. Legal proof of age/I.D. is required to attend classes in the main bar studio and to purchase/consume alcohol in the Studio.
Adult/Youth Sessions are for anyone 13 years and up. Minors (under 18) must be accompanied by an adult. (No alcohol will be served at these sessions, this will be posted on the class list if it applies)
Family/Kids Sessions are intended for ages 6 years and up. Children ages 6-12 require an adult chaperone. (No alcohol will be served at these sessions, this will be posted on the class list if it applies)
PRIVATE EVENTS: Since it's your guest list, there is no age minimum for private parties at Meraki Art House!
- How long is a paint a class? Unless otherwise noted, classes are 2 hours.
- How early should I get there and what is parking like?
We encourage you to arrive 15 to 20 minutes early so you can check in, purchase your choice of beverage, choose your seat and prepare for a fun time. We don't open the doors until 20 minutes before the start of a session, so there's no need to arrive earlier.
We have FREE street parking in downtown Puyallup! There are also a number of free parking lots in the downtown area. On the corner of 3rd St & E Main there's a large, well lit, free parking lot (Cornforth Campbell Uncovered Lot) that's convenient to park in when coming from 512. From this parking lot, walk west 1 block along E. Main and take a left when you reach S. Meridian, we're on the left (East) side of Meridian, next to TK Irish Pub and across from Wicked Pie Pizza. Please allow yourself enough time to find parking, and walk to Meraki Art House before the start time of your scheduled event. We will get started on time and we cannot run over the scheduled end time.
- PLEASE NOTE: Our Studio is on S. Meridian, which is a one-way street through downtown, running from North to South (from the river toward Southhill). If you are not familiar with downtown Puyallup, please keep an eye out for the One-Way signs on S. Meridian and 3rd St.
- What do I need to bring for my paint class? Just bring your sense of fun and inner artist, we'll supply everything else you will need for your class (paints, brushes, easel, canvas, apron, etc.).
- Gratuity? Do I tip my artist Instructor? Our customers usually tip the instructor about 15% for their class (about $5) and whatever you would typically tip your servers at the bar. It's a nice way to say thanks if you feel your instructor will spend several hours and share their skills with you and working ensure you have a fantastic experience. :)
- What size is the canvas? The canvas size will always be noted on the class description. Our standard canvases are 16 x 20 inches, while our all-ages and kids classes are typically 11x14 or 12x12 inch canvases. However, we like to mix it up too, so when we have a special class with a smaller or larger size canvas, the size will be noted in the class description.
- Will I be able to take my painting home at the end of the class? Absolutely! Our classes are designed so that your painting will be dry by the end of the session, we have blow dryers available if there are a few spots that are still wet and need to be dried before you leave.
- Do I have to paint the painting in the colors pictured on your website? Not at all. This is YOUR painting, let your creativity shine! If you like the look of the featured painting as it is, our artist instructor will guide you step-by-step through it. Or you may want to change colors or parts of the picture (for example, to match your home decor, a favorite color, etc.) to create your own unique artwork. Our experienced artists are there to offer help and encourage you to "make it your own." And if you're feeling adventurous, you can do your own thing, you don't have to do what the instructor is doing. We love it when you go rouge and get creative on your canvas, but please understand, the instructor will be focused on teaching the scheduled painting.
- What should I wear? Though we provide an apron, but we suggest you wear clothes that you won't mind getting paint on.
- What type of paint do you use? We use water-based, non-toxic, paints. Most of our classes use acrylic paint, we also have water color classes, glass enamels and silk dyes for some of our special classes.
- Do you offer Private Parties or Events? If so, how can I book one? You bet! You can Book your private paint party in one of our fabulous studio party spaces!
Birthday Parties, Girls Night Out, Date Night, Bachelorette Parties, Bridal Showers, Retirement Parties, Baby Showers, Team Building are just some of the reasons you may want to have a private party. We will make your event fabulous!
When you Book a private party, you choose that painting we will teach from our Gallery of Paintings, or for a small fee, our talented artists will create a custom painting especially for your event.
CONTACT US , we'll help design a unique event just for you!
- May I bring my baby/toddler/young child to an adult session with me? No. Please do not bring a baby/toddler to a paint class for two reasons. Our Family & Kids events are designed for varying ages, but typically age 6 and up are ready to sit in a classroom situation to paint with a parent present, infants and toddlers are a distraction for other painters. While painting is a relaxing and enjoyable experience, it does require your full attention and both hands to do so. We love babies and children as much as you do, however, please arrange for childcare before your session. This will allow you to relax and unwind without having to care for your child(ren).
- Is my information private? Yes. We do not record your financial information. We do NOT share your email or personal information with outside companies.